At the base of a happy developer lies great tooling. A well-known example of this is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). You’d probably already knew about the proprietary SAP Web IDE and SAP Business Application Studio. But did you know that SAP also embraces other IDE’s?
Visual Studio Code
A common SAP-embraced IDE is Eclipse. In addition to Eclipse, SAP embraces yet another IDE; Visual Studio Code (VS Code). VS Code is a very fast, comfortable and highly customizable development environment, and well known by lots and lots of developers, not only SAP focused. But for which type(s) of development is VS Code best fitting? What are the advantages and key features? Is VS-Code the one-stop-shop IDE which you can use for all of your developments? And what minor or major things do we still miss?
What are the advantages of VS Code?
Join this webinar and discover the capabilities and advantages of VS Code for SAP related developments.
After this webinar you’ll know:
- all about the key features of VS Code;
- more on the usability of VS Code for SAP development;
- how to use VS Code within your daily job;
- how to connect VS Code to an S/4 HANA system, do some ABAP, CDS and UI5 development using various VS Code extensions;
- how to do various types of SAP Development in VS Code;
- Get some exclusive tips and tricks on how to use VS Code from guest speaker DJ Adams
Guest Speaker DJ Adams
During this webinar we will be accompanied by no one less than DJ Adams.
DJ is a Developer Advocate at SAP. And has been hacking on SAP enterprise software for more than three decades. He’s written books for O’Reilly and SAP Press, and speaks at conferences and meetups around the world. In this webinar DJ Adams will tell us a bit more on what he thinks of VS Code and how he has been using it so far.